Admission to the College of Architecture and Planning requires a minimum grade in General Certificate of Education (Science Option) decided by the College Council, currently 90%. The candidate is also required to pass an aptitude and skills test held by the College.
The Master of Architecture Program
Holders of Bachelor of Architecture and Building Science degree of Saudi Universities or equivalent are accepted. A minimum grade of Second upper is required, though exemptions may be given by the Department Board.
The PhD of Architecture Program
Admission is governed by conditions set by the University in the statute for postgraduate studies. While taking that into consideration, candidates for the Ph.D. in Architecture program must satisfy the following requirements:
- Hold a Master degree in architecture, or in an engineering field related to architecture, from King Saud University or an equivalent university.
- Pass an interview administered by the Dept. of Architecture and Building Science.
- Achieve a grade of not less 450 in the test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or pass an equivalent test, or hold a Master degree from a university in which the medium of instruction is English
The Master of Urban Design & The Master of Urban and Regional Planning Programs
The Department admits students who have earned a Bachelor's degree in urban planning or architecture with a minimum GPA of 3.75. Students who have a marginal GPA can also be admitted conditionally. Students with other degrees can also be admitted but must take additional courses which can be determined by the department. These shall not exceed 24 credit hours.
- Students shall enroll full time unless otherwise allowed by their employers, private or public.
- Study system: Course work and thesis.